Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Well as you know, some pretty exciting stuff happened on P-day!

Tuesday: Well as you know, some pretty exciting stuff happened on P-day! After the hike, we went and ate at 5 Guys, then after that we went to go Ice Skating! Well I don't think I have ever been ice

skating, or if I have, I don't remember it. We went with our entire district, because our Zone Leader's less active is a professional ice skater. He is just getting done with chemo. So when getting on the Ice, of course I was a noob, and couldn't go anywhere, but I started getting the hang of it and was actually getting myself to get pretty fast. My District Leader, Elder Knudson, said they best way to learn is to be reckless and stupid. Anyone who knows me, knows that is very possible for me to do. Sister Katich after a while said, "Elder Wrathall! Let's race!" She was just starting to learn too. So we all lined up in a line, and went for it! We all got going pretty fast, I was in 2nd place. However, when it came to the first corner.... Bad things happened. I did something wrong and was falling foreword, I put my hands down, but they slid out, so there went my face into the ice. I kept sliding, but I rolled over and spit out some Ice, a tooth, and blood. I felt my mouth around with my tongue, then I felt a tooth missing. So I was like, "Oh crap, I'm going to be missing a tooth for the rest of my life...." Then I remembered that dentistry has come a long way, so then I didn't worry at all. I also wasn't in pain. So it wasn’t bad at all.

   We went to Urgent Care. They didn't do very much, just made me wait for a long time. They did weigh me though! I weigh 163 lbs, I’ve lost a few pounds! :( That tooth must have weighed a lot. They glued my chin? Which I don't think it really needed to be glued, and it was really annoying, it was sticking out a lot. So when shaving, I...accidentally shaved it off.

  Went to a dentist referred by Sister Knight. The Dentist was pretty cool guy. I got a root canal then a crown. I got a temporary tooth, made out of plastic which feels weird, and in 3 weeks I get a
permanent one.

  While I was at the Dentist, Elder Buckley was out doing work! What a guy! He was meeting with Clarks, whom is a family who we have been working with for a while, he has just been waiting to be an Elder, so he can baptize and confirm his children. Well it was announced at church that he is being ordained next Sunday. So they are getting baptized the 2nd of August. Then also meeting with Jesse James (Not his real name, but everyone calls him that" Who has already said he wants to be baptized and get the priesthood, and be sealed to his soon to be wife. So yeah pretty golden. He has already been going to church as well. So Elder Buckley set the date for the 28th... Which isn't the real date we wanted. So we will ask if he can do the 26th.

  I had dinner at our Senior Couples who have been helping me out thewhole day, however it seemed that I was the only hungry one, because Sister Evertsen didn't even put anything on her plate, and everyone else had like three mouthfuls. Then after that, everyone just watched me eat. Was really awkward. It was super good dinner too! Pot roast with apricot sauce. Delicious! Unfortunately, I did not eat to my heart’s content, because I couldn't do the awkwardness.

  Wednesday: When I got to District Meeting, they all made me smile to see, and they were all impressed with how it turned out. If I didn’t tell someone about it, they wouldn't notice it. And this isn't even the final turnout. Went to Warrens for lunch, we got hooked up with someone giving us a gift card, then someone paid for the meal too, so we didn't even use the gift card. Haha

  We went to the temple with Tom and his family, which was super cool! For the first time I did the Confirming, and also for the first time did baptizing. I was a bit slow at it, so I made people wait. Though we all have to start somewhere right?! I also got a lot of French names, so I kinda doubt I said them right... haha. Elder Simpson was able to come as well. He didn't participate, but only watched. It was nice to see him again though! The Greenwood family all made fun of me the whole night because I had a really crooked nose. So that got me to thinking, maybe I do have a broken nose...

  Thursday: Well after getting permission from Sister Hiers, I went to an Insta-Care to get my nose checked, to see if it was broken. After waiting forever, the doctor walked in, and instantly after looking at it said, "Yep, it's broken." So then scheduled me to see an ENT tomorrow morning. Elder Simpson's Dad is an ENT, he should just come in from Nebraska! haha.

  Friday: We went on splits, because we did have some meetings in the afternoon, and I had no idea how long the visit at the doctor's would-be. It was also up in Ogden. It was super hard to find. We were 15 min late, even though I put a 15 min spacer in case something like that happened. I had to fill out a ton of paperwork, then they finally got me in, straight off said, okay, you will be getting surgery next Friday, and this is what is going to happen... Basically said, no cutting involved, and super quick recovery time. I will be put under. The rest of the day, we just made some visits to members, trying to get them to do the work, rather than us... I would much rather do it myself, unfortunately, it isn't as effective.... haha

  Saturday: Went to help with a stake breakfast being set up :) Lots of fruit it was delicious! We also took home 2 gallons of milk, and a gallon bag of fruit. Haha.  We had another lesson with Jesse James. He is so golden, he asks a lot of questions, because he is coming from the Baptist faith. It shows us that he is really interested though :)

  Sunday: We had a stake correlation in the morning, we discussed a lot about how the Young men and Young women will be marking Book of Mormon’s for us to give out to investigators. Bro. Cook, the high council man over missionary work had me bear a "farewell" testimony, because we all are assuming that I am getting transferred. We split up to go to two different wards, and I went to the 5th ward. Out of the 3 people that I was expecting to come, none came... So sad day. Went to Zion’s Crossing ward. Something that is really cool about the Zion’s crossing ward, is once a month, all the mother's of missionaries go up and talk about their missionaries. Haven't seen that before, I bet you

would love to do that mom! Especially this week has been pretty interesting. Haha

  All 3 of our lessons fell through, so we really wanted a lesson, so we went and taught a lesson to the Knights, because they are always open to us coming over :) haha

   Monday: We totally slept in. Not on purpose, but for some reason, the alarm didn't go off, or we didn't hear it or something. So I woke up at 7:26, I was like, "Oh crap!!". So now I wonder, am I actually held accountable for it, when I honestly try my best to wake up on time, and something like this happens? I don't think so, but I still repented anyways. lol

  We had a few lessons, but mostly I just wanted to say goodbye to a lot of members, because I was pretty sure I am getting transferred. Then at night we had a FHE and played some sports, then... The
announcements. They announced me 2nd, and the Zone Leaders joke around usually and lie about what is happening at first. So they said, “Dallin Bailey Wrathall" I replied, "Why did you say my full name?”, “Because I have it... He is going APB WITH ELDER YOUNG!!!!" I totally thought he was lying, because that doesn't happen very often. So I was like, "yeah right liars!!" Then they showed me. I was super stoked!!!

I am sooo excited. Going to be serving in Ogden East, and in the YSA Stake.

     Tuesday; we went hiking again, but with some of the people I love in this area :) Nate Bell and Elizabeth Knight. They are really my best friends :) Going to miss them big time :(



Interesting Facts

Investigators with a baptismal date: 5

Approximate of how many people have made fun of my nose: 15

I made a goal as of 7/21/14, not to drink Soda!


No comments:

Post a Comment