Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Today, at one point, I was actually giddy


Wednesday: I have become completely addicted to studying church
history. I have been reading the institute manual for it, and it is
sooooo goooood! I spend all the time I can reading it. I suggest it to
anyone who wants an awesome story that spiritually uplifts as well.
We went on splits in the night, I went to Thomas's lesson, and he wasn't
there at first, which was so meant to be, because I needed to talk to
his fellowshippers to understand what we can do better to help him. It
was perfect, then we had a good lesson with him. Went to Madison as
well, we read the introduction, she doesn't seem to have much desire,
but she seems willing to think about it... That's something at
least....
 
Thursday: So a big majority of our investigators are 14 year olds that
want to get baptized, but their parents won't let them. I think we
have 4 investigators in the same situation. Always the Dad that
doesn't live with them, because they are divorced. So tonight, Elder
Rupp and I went to go visit with Scott, one of the Dad's. Elder Rupp
has visited him before, so what he does, (because it is the only way
that Scott answers), is he opens the door that goes into the Garage. I
was just like, "Elder Rupp!? What are you doing??" He knocks on the
door to the house inside the garage. Haha. Scott does not like the
church at all, he wants his children to be 18 before they decide to
join. The only way I think that will change his mind is if his
children bare their testimonies to him, but they are terrified of him
:(
 
Friday: 3 New investigators! Just what we needed! A part member
family, the parents are just boyfriend and girlfriend, but they are
wanting to get back active. Ashley, the girlfriend isn't even sure if
she was baptized, she was told by her mom she was, but we can't find
her records, and she doesn't remember it. So she may need to be
baptized as well, which she is fine with. So it could be 4 baptisms. 2
of the children are twins, they are super excited to be baptized, like
jumping off walls excited. Then the other, Aiden like to think a lot
more, which I think is cool. All throughout he asks questions about
the Plan of Salvation. He is so smart :)  When we got to talking about
Jesus Christ and how he was baptized, we told them that baptism is the
only way to live with their heavenly father again. Aiden responded, "I
want to be baptized... what about those who don't get baptized?"
 
Saturday: Had the wonderful opportunity to do some service in the
morning, for a old couple who don't like the Word of Wisdom. However
while doing service for them, the wife told us she was waken in the
middle of the night by the Holy Ghost and was told by words, that the
Word of Wisdom is true. So that was pretty cool! However, the husband,
who is the non-member still does not feel that way....
 
Sunday: Today, at one point, I was actually giddy. I was so excited
with happiness! The reason behind it? Gospel Doctrine class. It has
been about 3 transfers since I have attended a Sunday School class. I
like them a lot. We studied Isaiah. Then even better, we had a primary
program in one of our Sacraments! That is always cool too!
 So in the other Sacrament Meeting, one of the talks didn't happen
because apparently he got sick, so what we did instead is that anyone
from the congregation could come up and tell their favorite hymn, then
the congregation would all sing just one verse of the hymn. I thought
that was a super good idea :)
We didn't have any lessons scheduled, except for one, but that fell
through. Sunday's are good days to talk to auxiliaries though!
Everyone is home! Haha, they can't escape us!
 
Monday: We visited the crazy guy that thought there was the guy living
in his attic, he wasn't crazy anymore :) He was a normal dude. He is
really smart as well. He is working towards getting to the temple now.
Must have just been a phase or something... Madison, our investigator,
is not looking to good for the 8th. She doesn't seem to have a desire
at all, her sister who is 8 is ecstatic for it though. Their parents
don't really set a good example for them though, they don't go to
church or do anything really religious. They go to church with their
grandparents. Madison didn't even go this week :(
I looked up Allison's companion in LDS tools, and she isn't in ours, however, we don't cover all Tremonton, there are 4 companionship's covering Tremonton. (Allison's last companion is going home this week to Tremonton) We don't have much plans, I got free dry cleaning :) Much needed, we are mostly going to play board games, there isn't much to do up here. I have not given a talk here yet, I think that we should though, it would help build member trust a lot.
 
This morning when coming out it was 38 degrees apparently, but it didn't feel cold at all.
 Haha,  thanks for the package by the way! I love the socks! I am in desperate need of socks as well, so that was perfect. All my socks have holes in them. My shoes are starting to get worn out a bit, thank goodness they have the missionary mall warranty!
The food does sound good to me!(Allison's birthday breakfast) I like cheesecake a ton now, don't get it very much. I regret all the times that I didn't like cheesecake when you made it all the time! Haha
Thanks for writing me!
Love you!
Elder Wrathall
The new apartment

 

No comments:

Post a Comment