Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I live in the country with the cows!


I live in the country with the cows! My new address is: 9216 N, 11600 W. Thatcher, UT 84337

 

     Wednesday: Transfer Day. This has probably been the best transfer

day that I have had, it hasn't taken too much time. I got all the way

up here in Tremonton by 10:30. I was super surprised! Once I got here,

it seemed like there was nothing here. It is so weird that all it is,

is pretty much farms. It is so dang gorgeous in the night though! You

can see the stars so clearly, driving on the open roads is really

nice. (Well, me not driving :( but Elder Mika.) Makes me want to live

in the country. We were able to pick up a new investigator, a 14 year

old. So weird to be teaching children again. Haha. They don't really

show any interests at all, however, when you pop the question, "Will

you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone

holding the priesthood authority from God?" They perk up and say,

"Yeah!" I don't get it... Haha, I'm pretty sure they don't even

comprehend it, I guess just other children at school just tell them

what a great thing it is. Good missionary work children!

 

     Thursday: Day 2 in the boonies! Well... I have learned what our

number one enemy is... MILES! We have 1,350 miles a month. Which seems

like a lot, but when you are out in the country, and everything is

super far away from each other. You have to plan carefully. I don't

like it. Haha. Wish we just had unlimited miles.

 

     Friday: Had a lesson with Jessica, whom is about 30, and it was

super good lesson, she felt the spirit, she shed a few tears. She

knows it is true, set her date for the 8th of October. It was one of

the best lessons that I have had on my mission. Now the sad part, I

was on exchanges and it wasn't in my area :( It did lift my spirits

higher though.

 

     Saturday: We met a dog breeder, whose mother dog is #1 in the

world for breeding Schnauzer. Sell the puppies for about 4k a pop.

That is the picture of all the puppies! The breeder told me to tell

you to go to RoyalSchnauzers.com. All of our lessons fell through, but

puppies make everything better right?! Haha

 




    Sunday: Man... The sacrament talks were really rough, it was super

difficult to not sleep during them. Haha. We had a meeting with the

Stake presidency, seems like they are pretty missionary minded people.

That is always a help, then we also had correlation with every Ward

Mission Leader. We got a lot of referrals. It is pretty funny here

though, because Mika has been here for over 6 months. He knows

everybody haha. We were driving down the street and there was a house

that just had the foundation built and a couple of walls, he points to

it and says, "That's the Hudson’s" in response, "Wait what? You know

who lives there before they even moved in?" "Yep"

 

    Monday: Had one of the weirdest lesson today. Mika says he has

never showed any weirdness before... but this lesson... Haha. When we

came in it was like pitch dark, and it was in the middle of the day.

All was pretty normal, but there were a whole bunch of wires going to

the table next to his chair. We asked him how he was doing and

whatnot, he is doing good. The normal things. But a weird noise came

from the ceiling, don't really know what it sounded like, other than

weird. He suddenly said, "Do you hear that!? That's the guy living in

my attic!" We were just like, "Wait, what?" "Yeah! There is a guy in

my attic trying to kill me, he has been trying to drill a hole so he

can shoot me." "Oh, well that isn't good..." "The FBI told me they are

coming tonight to get him out. He has been up there for 9 years" He

then pulls out this heat sensor with a laser pointer on it, and he

points it at the ceiling and says, "He moved!" Then points with it

over in the kitchen ceiling, "He is right there...". We just continued

and were like, "Well, can we start with a prayer?" "Oh, Of course!"

   So we pray, and start with the lesson. Shortly after beginning, he

pulls out another device thing and points it out the window to the

sky, "This is a (Big Words) it measures frequencies. I see drones

flying over the town and they submit around 60 frequencies. The

universe everyday at 2:30 sends out a frequency of 20." "Really, Oh

Wow..."

   Continues on with the lesson, the refrigerator turns off. He

shouts, "There he goes again! That guy in the attic controls all of my

electronics!" He presses a button on the table next to him and the

refrigerator turns back on. In a few minutes it happens again, "See!

That dumb guy wants my food to go to waste!"

   We prayed and left. I don't know if he is crazy... or telling the truth. Haha

 

Love my new area! Though it doesn't have much work going on, we will change that! We don't cover much of the city, just like a sliver.

I don't know my Job Description for District Leader. Minister unto people in the District Haha. On Sundays I get numbers from them and report to the Zone Leaders. I Call them as well weekly to see just how they are doing, how solid their investigators are, ect. We give a 2 hour training every week. That's about it.

That is cool Noelle and Corey are 30 min away, I still think that is close!

Yeah, they told us that Meet the Mormons is coming to Netflix, won't be too long, but I guess they wanted to receive some revenue from it. Just know that you are supporting it! I'm surprised it was even showing in the Mall of Georgia!

Thanks for writing!

Love you!

Elder Wrathall!

 

I forgot, did I tell you we get unlimited cereal? Haha It is super nice, free eggs to! Unlimited Fruits and Vegetables as well, so many gardens. (He says Malt O’Meal is there so there a lot of people employed there so they get the free cereal.)

1 comment:

  1. Dallin,

    When I was married in 1955, I bought your grandmother's engagement and wedding rings from Ashcroft Jewelers in Tremonton. I don't know if they are still there. I drove from Provo to Tremonton because a Brother Ashcroft (Buffalo, NY branch) told me his brother (the Ashcroft in Tremonton) would give me a good deal.

    ReplyDelete