Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The temple is absolutely beautiful. I think it is actually my favorite one I have been in!

Tuesday: We went down to my old apartment and raided it for my food.

Also got a haircut :) Went tracting with Elder Cornado, it was fun. I

really enjoy tracting :) We met some really rude people, and some

really wonderful people. Cornado taught me that you can actually type

in the address of a house in the area book, and it will tell you if

they are members or not. Which is really useful! We found a non-member

who wants us to come over to do family home evening. I thought that

was pretty interesting, super cool though!


Wednesday: Had lesson with Steve, whom literally said, "I wouldn't

mind being baptized, however, my children, just expect me to stop

smoking when I do" lol, so we really just need to help him stop

smoking, the problem is that he doesn't really want to. Sad. Lose

salvation over smoking.


Thursday: Had a post-op appointment for my nose. I still thought it

was super bent, and Dr. Major confirmed that. SO for the first

surgery, Dr. Major said that he had gotten it straight, what had

happened now to here, I'm not sure. So what is going to happen in like

3 weeks, because I have to have my nose re-broke, and they are going

to do a more intensive surgery, and make sure that it is straight. I

have a new appointment for the 14th for more deciding of what to do.


Friday: We went to the first session open to the public for the temple

with our investigator. She has been working with the missionaries for

a year and she has certainly come a long way. She is now saying "when"

rather than "if" when it comes to baptism. The temple is absolutely

beautiful! I think it is actually my favorite one I have been in!

During the tour, after going through the celestial room, I was waiting

out in the hall because KB (Our investigator) wanted to go back in

because she missed something. I was looking at a familiar face right

in front of me... I was thinking, "Bro. Birch??" Then Sis. Birch said,

"Dallin! How are you!?" It is pretty crazy that I saw the Birch family

way out here! :) Sister Birch got a picture of us together, so you

will have to get that from her mom. Haha. Also after the tour, Elder

Fisher of the seventy came up and met with Elder Wood and I :) That

was cool :)

Interesting fact of the temple. It has the most polished stone out of

any temple. And it is all imported granite from Egypt!

The last visit of the night, we met a guy outside his house, and it

looked like he had gone through a major surgery in his leg, because it

had staples from his ankle to his hip. He told us that he had 362

staples in his leg, and around 700 Stitches. I can't remember what it

was for, some doctor phrase or procedure. Makes me glad all I have is

a broken nose.


Saturday: We had a zone blitz (Where all the missionaries go tracting

in a area at the same time) in a sister area, because all the sisters

are working in the temple a lot, so they have less time to be in their

areas. It was really fun, we got pretty lucky with the people that we

tracted into. Most of them were nice, set up 4 return appointments in

just 1 hour of tracting. We did have an odd visit with some members

though. They answered the door, they told us straight off the bat that

they were members. We were like, "Okay, would it be fine if we came in

and shared a spiritual thought?" She said, "Why? Did bishop send you

over here??" We responded, "No, we just want to invite the spirit into

your home and bless it." “Oh, no, we aren't really in need of that, I

have two grandchildren on missions and we are endowment holders." I

could tell that Elder Wood was getting pretty angry. "So you are

saying you don't want us in?" "Yeah" "Okay, well have a good day." We

just had to leave, because Elder Wood was going to explode. Haha. So

that was really interesting.


Sunday: After one of our Ward Councils, we started receiving a call,

and in it said that it was from the Weber State Penitentiary. We got a

call from a LA whom was put in jail because he was drinking the night

before, and his wife told him she was cheating on him. So he hit her a

few times. Now he is in jail. He is 19, she is 30. So we are trying to

get him out of jail. Elder Wood knows the relationship, and he says

that she is not a very good wife, and he loves her a ton, and would do

anything for her. So sad :(

  We had dinner with President Hiers, grilled Salmon. Sooooooo

goooooooodddd!!! Also homemade ice cream cake from sister Hiers :)

  Afterwards we had a lesson with the Thompsons, they want to do

baptisms for the dead in the Salt Lake Temple, that will be really

cool! :) I haven't been there for baptisms.


Monday: Went in the morning to go get my permanent tooth! The loving

Knight were there to support me. Everything went well, the tooth

wasn't quite perfect because it doesn't have the little white peaks at

the bottom point of the tooth like my others, he told me he could do

it, but it would take a week, so I decided it was good enough, which

it is :) Then had lunch with the Knights.

  In the afternoon, we had a lesson with Justin, whom is a recent

convert, he said he is choosing to go on a mission. Sooo cool!! We

also are going to do baptisms for dead with him soon, he wants to go

to the bountiful temple. Had another lesson with Stacey, a 9 year old,

we taught the restoration, using the cups, as the foundation of

Christ's Church. If you don't know about the lesson, i'm sure you can

find it on youtube lol. We did not sing though haha.
Love Elder Wrathall

No comments:

Post a Comment