Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Transfer News!

Transfer News!: I am staying, and getting a new companion. So sad to
lose Elder Skidmore, he has been my favorite companion :)

Tuesday: At night, we exchanged with Elder Thompson & Elder Burt.
Turns out Elder Burt wiped out on his bike this day. Was going
downhill, hit a rock or something, popped the front tire, and he went
over the handlebars. Got 12 stitches in his forehead, right above his
eye. Felt bad for him :(

Wednesday: The Last District Meeting of the transfer. Had to make sure
that it was going to be good! I felt like it was really good, however,
it seemed off, because we had none of the senior couples come. We
usually have like 15 missionaries in the District Meetings, but it was
only 8 this time. Elder Burt took the rest of the day like a man,
after getting 12 stitches, the next day he went tracting. Went the
whole day without complaints! What a stellar elder :)

Thursday: When on splits, me and my split went to the lesson we had
planned and they weren't home, so I thought we would go visit a
referral. The referral is a RM who is in-active. Had a lesson with him
on contact, and he told us he has never felt the spirit inn his life,
and same with his wife. They are atheist now, ever since they got
married in the temple. What??? So during that lesson, I had the
prompting to ask them if they had ever repented. I was a bit hesitant,
because obviously that is not a question you go around asking
everybody, it is more of a personal one. Turns out neither of them
ever have. Thus why they have never felt the spirit. Mmmmm.... The
church is true :) Sadly, they didn't want to repent, they thought they
have never done anything worth repenting for.

Friday: Was with our Ward Mission Leader, just doing a mini
correlation, but before we ended, he was testing his children on what
they read in the scriptures. One of his questions was, "Who was
Laban?" His youngest son answered, "Drunk people don't love God".
Haha, What an answer.

Saturday: We had dinner with the Mauchley family. Mauchley was the
last name of someone I was teaching in Tremonton, so I asked them if
they had family up there, and they said they do, they have a daughter.
It was the same person :) Was really cool to meet her parents, then to
share with them the progress she has been making! They also told me
they saw Elder Burt in the Urgent Care with his head busted...

Sunday: The day started off early with a ward council at 7:30. So far
in this stake, we haven't had any great ward council meetings. In past
areas, that is usually how we get golden referrals. At our first
Sacrament, Chris, our investigator didn't come to church. A lot of
people here just have a struggle of commitments, like whenever we ask
someone to do something they always say, "I will try... I won't
promise because I don't want to make a promise because I am not sure."
No wonder marriage rates are down. Later on in a different sacrament
meeting, we had 3 investigators not come again. As soon as I didn't
see them, I told Elder Skidmore, "Nope, this isn't happening again,
let's go get them." We walked over to their house and they were just
playing basketball, we just told them to get ready for church, and
they did, so we walked back. Mission accomplished. Haha

Monday: We got a referral from someone in the stake presidency telling
us that the had requested the missionaries and they were not members.
So of course, we got super excited. We got to the door, before we even
knocked on it, they opened the door and said, "come on in!". So that
got our enthusiasm up too!  Turns out they talked to nobody about
requesting the missionaries, and they bible bashed us for 40 minutes.
Yay. Other than that, we had all of our lessons go through for the
day!!!! VICTORY all 5 lessons, plus we were able to get an additional
one  throughout the day. Yumm.

This is the week that we find out about transfers. Most of the mission won't know what happens till tomorrow this time. It is weird like that. However, I did get a call of release of being District Leader, and they told me what is happening. I will be staying and getting a new companion. I am going to miss Skidmore so much, he has been my favorite companion. It was super easy getting along with him :)
 
I haven't been able to see the pictures yet. I am writing this email offline, and it didn't download the pictures yet, next time I go to the church I will though!  It is supposed to snow here on Saturday.
 

I am excited for next month to go back to Costco and stock up again! Haha. I have been buying a lot of fresh produce lately. Getting better at eating vegetables! So hard for me to for to buy Vegetables.... Haha. It makes me feel a lot better. On the contrary, I made a good batch of Buttermilk Syrup :)
 
Hope you have a good week!
Love,
Elder Wrathall

No comments:

Post a Comment