Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Heavenly Father has been blessing us significantly

Right now it is going not so hot. So neither of us can drive, because I don't have privileges and he doesn't have a license. So we can't use the car. So either we have to get him a driver's license, or he gets Emergency Transferred. Lame. I really wish I was able to drive, all of this would be solved. So all that stress has been weighing on me.
However, even without a car, Heavenly Father has been blessing us significantly. This past week, we picked up 3 new investigators, and found a lot of other potential investigators whom seem really solid. So the work continues on even though we have to be constantly trying to find rides to places and walking. One of our new investigators is Mark, he has been going to church for over 14 years and he actually teaches primary quite often. However, he has never been baptized. His wife is very active as well. He knows that everything is true, however, he has asked and has been asking to join the church and he hasn't necessarily received his answer. So we have him praying for the date of Dec. 20th. We also found a family, where the dad is getting back active, the mother would, but she works on Sundays, and they have 2 un-baptized children, 10 and 15 years old. So that is looking good too! Elder Housman, my son, is really cool, he is definitely very nerdy, but he is really good at being obedient and teaching is very good for just starting out his mission. The nice thing about him being Nerdy is he likes to play board games like me! haha. I am a nerd as well. As well as not having a car, our senior couple has been out of town. I didn't tell them about the situation until today, because I didn't want them to stress about it while they were on vacation, good thing too. I told them last night, and they freaked out, and now are stressing over the fact.
The girl that was baptized last week, she is 9.
Yeah, the bishop had us over for thanksgiving, but his family is so big we just had it in the church haha. We had another dinner that night.
 I feel like even after my mission I will never read something that doesn't teach about the gospel. haha, in my free time anyways. Of course college books.
Black Friday started on Thanksgiving at 6:00 here. it was pretty lame.
 
It snowed here Sunday, but in the morning, it was all gone, even though there was an inch and a half of snow last night. SAD :( haha
Well this is the weekly letter you get, I didn't have time during the week to do my normal thing.
Love you!
Elder Wrathall  

No comments:

Post a Comment