Tuesday, March 18, 2014

That baptism was so strong with the spirit


That is awesome week for you! I'm glad you had a good one, I had a pretty good one as well! That is pretty interesting visit with that guy. I have ran into a few people that don't believe in God, and it is pretty dang hopeless, all we can do is hope they become more humble. Concerning sending me packages, you can send them to my house, the only reason they don't want you to do that is if I get transferred, then it will go to the wrong place, so just don't send packages when it is coming close to a transfer. Speaking of which, I’m being transferred to Syracuse! Crazy!! Nobody gets transferred when they are being trained! Our trainers are considered our "Dad" so I will have two Dads.


 So from down on, I wrote during the week.

This was such a crazy week! So different!
Well I'm going to start with Saturday, because it is the one most in my mind. Anyways, we had a baptism with Tim. His family was less active before we started teaching him, but we got his father to be worthy for him to baptize him. That baptism was soo strong with the spirit. Again, we taught the Restoration to everyone there while Tim and his Dad were getting changed. It is such a great message and the spirit is so much stronger right after the baptism. So later that night, we had a lesson with Braxton, who's bulldog's name is "Ugly". The lesson went really great, we got to know him a lot better. But throughout the whole lesson, Ugly was wobbling to each one of us to pet her haha. It was really funny.



After that lesson, we went to a Ward activity, they had a ton of food, but I was already full. However, they did have frog-eyed-salad, so I did have to have some of that! But at the Ward activity I was called up to play in family feud. One of the questions was, "What do dentist put in your mouth?" I said toothbrush and got it wrong! Like what? Bridges and fingers were answers but not toothbrush?


Later that night we went and visited a Ward Missionary, when they answered the door, they said their dog was having puppies at the moment, and something was going wrong with it. Luckily The Lord guided us there because Elder Berg's Dad is a vet, so we had them call him up for help. Elder Berg was so excited that, that had happened!


Sunday:
Gave two talks over the Plan of Salvation. We were told about one of the talks on Saturday. The topic was the same for me, but not for Berg. They went pretty well though, I think I have gotten a lot better at public speaking already. I gave a 17 min talk.


Had a lesson with Jesus, he is 17 and his parents are Catholic. Jesus has come to gain a testimony of everything about our gospel, however his parents haven't really known that he has been meeting with us and going to church. He has been going to church and meeting with us through his girlfriend Kelsey. He is an awesome guy, and I know he is doing it for the right reasons and not just because his girlfriend is Mormon. We talked with him today about how he told his mom, and his mom is approving, now he just has to talk with his stricter Dad.


Went on Splits in the evening, and I gave the smoothest lesson so far with some less actives named Sam and Jessica Carter. 'Twas a big stepping stone for me.


Did a door approach where when I asked him (He is a less active) if he prays, he responded, "Well that's a rather personal question..." I've never had anyone else say that, nobody really gets offended by that question. After he said that, he continued saying, "If I have a change of heart I'll let you know." As he was slowly closing the door. He seemed like a normal guy. But was just a strange door contact lol.


Friday We played racket ball with a member, who completely owned us. That game is hard! I was dead tired at the end of it. We had lesson with the Jessens, they are a family that Margo, the mom is like 40, but she literally looks like she is 20, it is crazy. She has 7 kids, who are all super cool. Each one has his/her own handshake, and it is impossible to remember them all. I'll have to make sure that I get a picture with them next time.


Thursday, nothing really exciting happened, but we had breakfast for dinner. Word has gotten out that Elder Berg and I love breakfast for dinner. So we get waffles like 2 times every week. I really wish they would make French toast though :( Almost every night we were double booked in lessons, we had 26 lessons this week, which I'm pretty sure is a record for the zone by a long shot. We did splits almost every night.
Wednesday, again, not much different, or I don't remember lol. I had a lesson with Pam, she is a Recent Convert, and we are trying to get her to go do baptisms for the dead with us. But lately she has been struggling with the Word of Wisdom. Sad :(


Tuesday, our P-day! One of our Elders in the zone left today (when you're reading this today) So on his last full p-day we threw him a BBQ party, and we played Rugby too! It was really fun, however, it would have been more fun if we knew what we we're doing better lol. I wanted to eat lunch at Zaxby’s, but Elder Berg didn't want to, so I didn't think about it much, but later at the BBQ, Casey Clark told me he went to Zaxbys and say Patrick Rhodes there! I was soo sad! Apparently Patrick was visiting up here before he went into the MTC the next day!


Yesterday, it started off as a pretty terrible day, it was super windy and cold, and we had bike place to place, and we did some tracting. When they opened the door, I had a hard time speaking because my mouth was like frozen. I was having a pretty terrible day. Elder Berg went to Leadership training, so Elder Andrus was my companion. But in the evening, that's when the blessings came. We went on splits, and I was going to the Taylor's whom like never keep the appointment. However they kept it this time! And had a good lesson. Then I went to April Ortega, whose lesson canceled, but turns out it was for a good reason, because I went to go contact the Young Woman's 2nd counselor, and their neighbor was moving in some furniture, who we ended up helping. She just moved from New Hampshire, she was super nice. We taught her the first part of the Restoration. Also set up a return appointment.


So my first transfer... Not gonna lie. I am really sad. I love this area and everyone in it. I was not expecting it at all. I was told I was going to stay in this area for around 6 months. Then I stay 6 weeks. However, I do know that God has a plan for me, and has work for me to do there. Everyone in our area thought Berg was gonna go, like we kept getting texts, "Berg got the boot huh?" nope. Elder Wrathall. I wish I was given more notice to say goodbye to people, and pack that is.

Sorry for not many pictures again. I don't understand how Allison does it, she gets like 20 pictures a week!

 

Elder Berg will send me some pics, then I can send them to you. This one is of our Landlords, whom I'm leaving tomorrow sadly :( 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment