Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Start of a New Adventure!


Elder Clukey, his son.

The Start of a New Adventure!
Wednesday: We had to be at the mission office at 8:00 in the morning to be able to go to meet our greenies. However, right before we met them, President had us write a letter to them for them to receive after their training. I thought that was a cool idea.
 My new son is Elder Clukey, he is from Alberta Canada. He is big into hunting and sports. We get along pretty dang well! I might be coming home a hunter ;)
 So we are called to serve in the North Ogden Stake, so we drive an hour to get there from Logan, find our apartment, we go in and it is a complete mess, the missionaries even left a whole bunch of dishes in the sink. Thanks Elders :/ Even more so they had a HUGE beanbag  that took up the entire house it seemed. (We live in a shack in the backyard of a house.) So a quick call to the office, and we had some missionaries come and haul a whole bunch of stuff to the DI.





Now the even bigger problem, when we got down we were expecting a note with everything that has been happening in the area. Nothing. Keys? Nope. Phone? Nope. Nothing. Turns out, the Keys and the Phone, the missionary who was here took them up to Preston with him. So the whole first day was quite the mess. They also only had 1 appointment set up in total. I don't think I have ever had a time on my mission where I have only had 1 appointment set up.
So all these things were a learning experience, and the cool thing is we can only build it up from there.

Thursday: So Elder Giles, Alsterberg, Greenwood, Elder Elder, Torres, are all in the Zone, I think this is the first time coming to a Zone and knowing that many people in it. It's pretty cool. Getting to know our area a bit better, come to find out the Members here absolutely love the missionaries, they trust us so much! It is so cool to see that trust there, I feel it has been a while to serve in a stake where they love us so much! We met Nancy, who was a investigator the previous missionaries were working with, and she is getting baptized the 28th of Nov. She is such a cool gal, she is 18 almost out of high school, but is so selfless and in tune with the spirit. She is excited for her baptism.

Friday: To do weekly planning was much needed. To start off, we thought it would be a good idea to just text every number in the AreaBook and to try and set up an appt. So we sent out a mass text to a whole bunch of numbers saying, "Hey! It's the missionaries, we were wondering if we could meet with you this weekend?" By just doing that, we set up 4 appointments, 2 for other missions, but 2 of them were for us. We set up with a girl named Rachel, and a girl named Alyssa. Later in the day we met Dylan, who is also an investigator the missionaries were working with and he is planning on being baptized the 5th of December. Dylan is only 10, his Mom seems to be wanting to come back, however, the father is not interested. Sad to see, but Dylan is pretty dang cool!

Saturday: So we got to meet with Alyssa, (The Random Number we texted to set up an appointment.) Turns out on Thursday, she just had a seizure, and she has also just had a baby born out of wedlock. She is living with her sister, who also has a baby out of wedlock, and also with their Mom. This family has been compelled to be humble for sure, but now they are so prepared to receive the gospel. We gave Alyssa a priesthood blessing, and also Shayla, her sister. We invited them at the end of the lesson to work towards being baptized the 12th of December. They seemed hesitant, but accepted to work towards it.

Sunday: Elder Clukey's First Sunday out in the field and we are to give a 15 minute talk. Clukey tells me that this will be his 2nd talk he has given in his life. It was about gratitude, so I actually had to look up some scriptures for it and what-not. Elder Clukey ended up speaking 10 min, but I was able to speak for 20 min. I feel bad for those who had to listen to me me speak for 20 minutes.... Haha. 3 out of our 4 investigators came to church! That was good :)

Monday: We don't have a good map of what our boundaries really are, so we spent a bit of time making some maps. I am determined to leave this area a lot better than I found it! Which as far as organization goes, won't be hard to beat what it currently is. Haha. We knocked some ghetto apartments, we had a old man just yell at us for 20 minutes about how the Prophets are just rich CEOs. I have definitely seen over the course of my mission how much more bold I have gotten. I just yelled over him bearing my testimony, he finally stopped, when I did that. I concluded by telling him that he is prideful, needs to repent and be humble to know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. Afterwards we walked away, he proceeded to yell at us as we walked.  What a good experience for Elder Clukey. Haha
Later we met with Alyssa & Shayla again, we asked them how they feel about the 12th of December to be baptized, they said they got answers to their prayers to do so! Oh what a joyous moment! :)

Things are going well here in North Ogden, I am super glad to be back down here, I love it here. People are calling me "trunky" whenever I tell them I have been out for 22 months. I totally am not trunky! I tell them I extended, then they just say I am scared to go back. I can never win with these people.... Haha.

Love,
Elder Wrathall


Elder Lowell is the third one, he was living with us. He is a good friend to me :)

That is Mary Beth, I got permission to go back up for her baptism.


No comments:

Post a Comment