Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I am definitely learning a lot of life skills


Hello!
Wednesday: Elder Bayles' Birthday!! In DM, I didn't announce it, because when I have my birthday, I don't like all the attention. However, Sister Hadden started belting out "Happy Birthday". So much for that plan... Haha Elder Bayles' favorite food is Mahi Mahi, so I took him out to Rumbi's and got that for him, I got it for myself, BOGO coupon! Haha, man, Mahi Mahi is good! He also bought himself pineapple upside down cake. And of course, what else do you do as a missionary when it's your birthday? Work!!! Haha

Thursday:DLT, it was a pretty stressful day being a Zone Leader, we caught a whiff at how un-aligned our zone is with the missionary purpose.... Not being a Zone Leader is nice, because you can
say, "Whelp, not my problem! I'm going to go work!" As a Zone Leader, it'smore of, "Dang it, how in the world am I going to fix this." What I have learned on my mission, is people are hard to work with, you can't just tell them, "Stop" and they stop, nope, you got to go in a round about way and inspire them, and uplift them to stop. I am definitely learning a lot of life skills, that is for sure.

Friday: Went on exchanges with Elder Bell, who is one of our District Leaders, during the exchange, we were biking, and we came to this country road. He told me, "There is a house at the very end of
this road, that nobody knows who they are. You down?" "Of course!" So we went, and began our journey, It was only about a mile long road, I learned that they farm coyotes out there though, that is where the picture is from. The house at the end, nobody was home, but it was a really cool house! We left a pamphlet, hopefully it does something.

Saturday: Service from 8am-noon. First started by weeding, weeded for 2 hours, then made a covenant to never weed again in my life... Haha, then after that, it got fun, helped a engaged couple build pallet furniture for the weeding decor or something like that...? I don't know, but it was building furniture. It was free furniture too. So guess what me and my future wife will have as furniture in our house? ;P

Sunday: Miracle Fast Sunday!! We all prayed for miracles to happen in our areas, and guess what, the same day we had a miracle come out way! So we caught word that there has been a 9 year old, who hasn't been baptized, coming to church for 3 months. So we went and met with her and her grandparents, after the restoration, with talking about baptism during, we asked her to be baptized,
she said yes. The grandmother chimed in, "Yeah! She has been begging me for her to be baptized for 2 months." C'mon, why didn't you go grab us earlier.... Well, I guess better now than never.

Monday: Mission Leadership Council down in Ogden, hence, we had to leave our place at 11:00, grabbed some grub at Wendys. MLC was super good, this is where are the Zone Leaders account
for their goals that they set for the Zone. Only 3 out of the 9 Zone's hit their goal, the rest, including us fell considerably short. Now, at a normal MLC, the other Zones would make fun of those that didn't hit their goals, and ridicule them, but what was really cool to see, is that everyone cheered
for each other, and understood, Maybe they didn't hit their goal, but they still helped people come closer to Christ. It was so awesome to see everyone helping each other out, giving good feedback
and all. President Hiers also told us some of the things happening this transfer, he told us of the new
Assistants to the Presidents, and because of one of them, there were a lot of bad feelings toward him,
President, had us sustain him in. When we sustained him, the spirit was so strong! Best MLC I've been to!

Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Wrathall

No comments:

Post a Comment